Saturday, February 18, 2012

Little Black Dress and Big Pink Drinks Party

How fun does that sound?
I'm all dressed up and waiting for a ride to head out.  Never go empty handed so I made this adorable little purse cake as a gift for the hostess.
The invitation was pink and black and lime green so the cake is on a lime green plate.  It looks sort of yellow in the pic.  Not sure what to do about that as I'm not up to par on photoshop.
Anyway, it's a luscious fudgy chocolate cake with vanilla bean buttercream.  The rest is fondant.  It's so humid here with flooding rains, I was afraid the fondant wouldn't set but it did.
So here it is...........


The rope edges are a little uneven so my next investment will be an extruder so I can do that edgings more uniform.   Can't wait to do another one!



No comments:

Post a Comment